with light in
Technology that fuses optical functions and silicon LSI technology to enable large-capacity data transmission and low power consumption. Faster information processing and lower power consumption than conventional electronics circuits
Optics / electronics conversion chip
- Fingertip-sized optics/electronics conversion chip (optical I/O core) with multi-channel quantum dot QD laser
- * Images of silicon photonics are provided by Photonics Electronics Technology Research Association.
*This R&D was conducted as part of the “ultra-low power consumption optical electronics mounting technology development of technology” project commissioned by NEDO.
- Improved information processing
- Replacing the electronics in circuits with light revolutionizes information processing.
- Low power consumption
- Quantum dot lasers can process information with less power.
- System miniaturization
- The optics / electronics conversion chip mount in the quantum dot laser is only 5mm wide.
Benefits of quantum dot lasers
- Stable operation at
high temperatures and
optical feedback tolerance
- The superior high-temperature stability and optical feedback tolerance of quantum dot lasers make them ideal light sources for silicon photonics.
Laser oscillation up to 120℃
For details on silicon photonics,
please contact us using the following form.